ADMISSION (Secondary Section)
- Admission is open to both boys and girls irrespective of religion, community or caste, subject to availability of seats.
- The child should have completed 6 years of age as on 1-6-2012 for admission to Class I. In accordance with the reports by the commission for Right to Education Act, January 2011
- Application form and prospectus will be issued from the Administrative Office. The cost of a set of application form and prospectus is Rs. 150/-
- The completed application form must be submitted to the Administrative Office along with the documents required. Admission will be granted only if both the father and mother of the pupil sign the application form and are present at the time of admission. If one of the parents is abroad or unable to come, a letter to the effect that he/she has no objection to admit his/her ward to the School, should be produced.
- A written test for admission (including Arabic) will be conducted for admission to all classes (except Class -1). The question paper will be based on the CBSE syllabus of the class in which the student had completed the course of study. Mental ability also will be tested.
- Results of the admission Test will be available from the Office after 3 days. Selected candidates will be called to complete the admission procedure within 10 days.
- At the time of admission, all original documents including birth certificate should be produced.
SUBJECTS / ACTIVITIES
- Classes I & II
Curricular: English, Malayalam, Mathematics, Environmental Science. Co-Curricular: Games, Art/Craft, Music/Dance, Personality Development, Health Education.
- Classes III to V
Curricular: English, Malayalam, Mathematics, Environmental Science/Science, Hindi, Computer, General Knowledge, and Value Education.
Co-Curricular: Games, Art/Craft, Music/Dance, Personality Development, Health Education/Karate/ Kalari Payattu.
- Classes VI TO VIII
Scholastic: English, Malayalam, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Hindi, Work Experience, Art Education, Physical and Health Education, Games.
Co-Scholastic: Life Skills, Attitudes and Values and any two of the following: Literary and Creative Skills, Scientific Skills, Aesthetic and Performing Art, Clubs.
- Classes IX & X
Scholastic: English, Malayalam, Mathematics with practical, Science with Practical, Social Science with assignments and projects, Work Experience with internal assessment,Art Education with internal assessment, Physical and Health Education with internal assessment.
Co-Scholastic: Life Skills, Attitudes and Values and any two of the following:
Literary and Creative Skills, Scientific Skills, Aesthetic and Performing Art, Clubs.
- The School works from Monday to Friday for Classes I to IV and Monday to Saturday for Classes above IV. The School timings are from 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. with lunch interval from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. All the pupils should reach the School by 08.20 a.m. for the first bell. The timings are subject to change during the academic year.
- Holidays for the year will be notified in the Pupil’s Diary. The School will not declare holidays on account of Hartal/Bandh organized by political parties, etc. if vehicles can safely ply on the roads on such days. Special classes may be arranged for selected classes during such holidays also. The pupils should attend such classes without fail.
- Presently, hostel facility is available only for girls. Parents should seek admission to the hostel at the beginning of the academic year itself. The application form can be obtained from the Administrative Office.
- ii) The rules and regulations pertaining to the hostels are given in the �Hostel Manual�. Parents are requested to obtain a copy thereof and keep it with them for their information and guidance.
- For security reasons, students are strictly banned from going out of the campus during working hours. Lunch is provided to the day scholars on a monthly/daily basis. Interested parents may approach the Administrative Office and make the payment in advance
- The School attaches great importance to discipline and good behaviour of the pupils. Indiscipline in any form will be dealt with severely. Parents are requested to fully co-operate with the school authorities in ensuring proper behaviour and conduct of their wards inside the school and outside.
- Refer to Pupil’s Diary for details on rules & regulations of the institution.
- Every pupil will be supplied with a Pupil’s Diary. This must be brought to the School every day. There are pages allotted in the Diary for communications between the Teacher/Principal and the parents. It also contains information regarding home work assigned, library books read, extracurricular activities, excursion, schedules of evaluation/examinations of the School, leave and late attendance. Parents of non-resident pupils are requested to peruse the diary daily. Parents of the hostellers may go through the diaries whenever they get the opportunity thereof.
- There are full fledged labs at the School for Physics, Chemistry, Work Experience, Biology and Computer. A Mathematics Lab is also established for the benefit of the pupils. Digital class rooms (Smart Class) are also introduced to improve skills of the pupils.
- Limited Internet facility is available on campus. The pupils can avail of the facility with the permission of the Principal, against payment of the prescribed charges.
- Various co-curricular activities and competitions are organized in the School with a view to develop the physical, mental, social, cultural and spiritual faculties of the pupils. Activities like School Parliament, music, painting etc are also organized. Parents are requested to ensure that their wards attend such programmes even if they are held after working hours or on holidays. A part of the expenses for such programmes may also have to be met by the parents.